Do you have a furry friend at home that has lost muscle mass? If so, go to www.myospet.com where you can learn more about our revolutionary all natural, advanced nutrition product, MYOS Canine Muscle Formula® that has been shown in a clinical study to reduce muscle atrophy following surgery.
Kansas State University Canine Clinical Trial
A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study was performed at Kansas State University to evaluate the impact of Fortetropin on muscle atrophy in 100 dogs after TPLO surgery (similar to ACL surgery in humans to repair torn ligament). The key findings of this clinical study were:
- Fortetropin® prevented the loss of muscle mass in the affected and unaffected limbs.
- Fortetropin-supplemented dogs had a more significant improvement in percentage of weight supported by the affected limb.
- Fortetropin prevented a rise in serum myostatin levels (myostatin is a protein that prevents muscle growth.)
Ongoing Canine Clinical Trials
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study is underway at Kansas State University to evaluate the impact of Fortetropin on quality of life and mobility in geriatric dogs.
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover study is underway at Animal Medical Center, New York to evaluate the impact of Fortetropin on serum myostatin levels in dogs over the course of 24 hours.
White D, Harkin KR, Roush JK, Renberg W, Biller DS. The Impact of Fortetropin® Supplementation on Dogs Recovering From Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO) Surgery. Presentation at the North American Veterinary Conference, Orlando, FL, January 2019.